Monday, April 6, 2009

asian pork



















asian pork tenderloin:

1½ lb pork tenderloin
⅓ c. low sodium soy sauce
3 T sesame oil
2 T canola oil
½ t. Worcestershire sauce
1 T brown sugar
1-2 t. roasted red chili paste (or something to add a little kick)
1½ t. ground ginger paste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped

I had a pork tenderloin in my freezer forever that I wanted to get rid of, so I tried this little number, and it was DELICIOUS!! The tenderloin that I bought was really lean, so other times that I have made it it turns out really dry.. NOT this one. It was tender and the perfect mixture of salty, sweet, and flavorful. I placed the frozen tenderloin in the crockpot, mixed all the other ingredients together, and poured them into the crockpot. I then let it cook on "low" for about 8-9 hours. I was planning on it being firm enough to slice, but it was so tender that it just shredded when I tried cutting it, so it was more of a pulled pork. I used a fork to poke holes into it while it was cooking so more of the juices would be absorbed, and it was really really yummy.
I ended up serving it with some steamed sugar snap peas, carrots, and green cabbage, which I just tossed with a little bit of terryaki sauce, and it was so so good. (So good that I didn't have time to take pictures because jared ate it too fast)

*This is the paste I use, which I found in the asian food section at kohler's. Mom had a hard time finding it at the store, but I use it in all my asian recipes. It is pretty mild, so if you want more spice, you might want to use a red pepper paste or something.




2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious ann! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm i have some frozen pork I need to use too... maybe i'll try this out

    ReplyDelete