Friday, April 10, 2009

Grilled Chicken Penne with Pesto




I wanted to use the pesto that I made today, and I must say, this little creation turned out DELICIOUS. I marinated the chicken for about 3 hours then grilled it on the BBQ. It was so simple to throw together, and tasted so very yummy.

Lemon-Garlic Marinade:
⅓ c. canola oil
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
½ of a lemon (juiced)
¼ t. black pepper salt if desired

*Let chicken marinate for a few hours then grill until fully cooked.

Grilled Chicken Penne with Pesto:
Penne pasta- cooked according to directions
Mushrooms- sliced
Cherry tomatoes
Spinach
Olive oil (tiny bit for sautéing)
Lemon-garlic chicken
Homemade Pesto (see previous post)

Ok, so this isn’t really a recipe, because it just totally depends on how much of everything you want. I just sautéed the mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach in about 1 tsp of olive oil then placed them on top of cooked pasta with the grilled chicken. Top with however much pesto you prefer (I used a couple of tablespoons for each serving)

Oh, and P.S.... you are all slackers!!!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm this looks tasty. well if you all like the cheesecake I made for dessert today, I'll post it on here. we'll just have to see...

    ReplyDelete