Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chicken, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes in a Lemon Garlic Sauce



Yesterday I was craving some sort of chicken pasta, so I came up with this little creation. I had all the ingredients (which hardly ever happens), and it turned out really really yummy. Jared and I both loved it, and it is pretty healthy.. for pasta. It was really easy, and pretty quick to make. I marinated the chicken for about 4 hours, then threw it all together in about 20 minutes. I never measure anything when I cook (sort of a bad habit), so I did my best to guestimate the amounts of everything, but it should be pretty close.

Lemon-Balsamic Marinade:

½ c. olive oil
¼ c. balsamic vinegar
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. lemon zest
1-2 cloves of garlic-minced
½ t. salt
½ t. lemon pepper

*Mix together and pour over 2 chicken breasts. Let marinade for 3-4 hours.

1 c. mushrooms-chopped
1 c. grape tomatoes
1 clove garlic-minced
1 package pasta of choice-cooked according to package directions
(I used whole wheat angel hair because I had it, but I would suggest
penne or farfalle because it would be easier to toss)
1 whole lemon-juiced
3 T. olive oil
2 T. fresh basil-chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Once chicken is ready, slice into bite-sized chunks and sautee for 4-5 minutes, on medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, and tomatoes and sautee for another 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and mushrooms/tomatoes are tender. Add cooked pasta, olive oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper, and toss together. Allow to cook on low heat for another 3-4 minutes, then serve.

3 comments:

  1. K guys, so far michelle and I are the only ones contributing.. Allie, i thought this was your idea.. ha ha. but really, can we spiff up the look of it? allie, can you make it so we can make changes to the format?? lets get this thing up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm this looks good. I'll post something today. although my creations won't be this good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just granted everyone admin privilaves. Feel free to spice it up however you'd like. I'll start by making a better header. and I'll post a recipe soon i promise

    ReplyDelete